Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cindy Frost



I've decided to join in on the Elf on the Shelf madness. I started one week early simply because I needed something to lift my five year olds spirits (I will refer to said child as 'Bunny') because she was stuck in her room for five days battling the flu, two ear infections, a sinus infection, and strep throat. Yup, it's that time of the year where parents let their children go to school sick and pass it on to their poor classmates. I'm getting sidetracked...

For those who have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, The Elf on the Shelf is a tradition that was started by Carol Aebersold and kept alive by lunatic parents (like myself) to foster the thought of another holiday being.  We (the parents) think up of daily clever ways (a few days short of a month) to amuse our child/ren through silly elf antics. Every night your elf (or elves) will fly to the North Pole to report to Santa on their families and then returns the next morning in a new place and position around the house.

I must admit though, I'm fairly certain I am having more fun planning out our sprites tomfoolery more than Bunny's excitement to see what her elf was up to the night before. 

Please welcome Cindy Frost, our very own Elf on the Shelf… and tree, counter tops, chairs, ceiling…


Day 1
Cindy Frost is comfortable among our Christmas tree scoping out her new home.


Day 2
Cindy Frost left soups and other 'get well' goodies for Bunny to recover from the flu.


Day 3
Found playing in a drawer of scarves and mittens.


Day 4 
Looks like Cindy Frost caught Bunny's flu.


Day 5
Cindy Frost added the strings to all of Bunny's sun catchers she painted the night before. 


Day 6
Caught eating mini Kisses under the tree.


Day 7 
Taking a nebulizer treatment inside of Mr. Butterknuckles's igloo. (Note the drawing of Cindy Frost and a snowman which Bunny drew for her.)


Day 8
Rappelling down a candy cane chain from the ceiling one early morning.


Day 9
Cindy Frost, our elf on the shelf.
Day 10
I can't remember what the heck Cindy Frost was up to today? I really need to start making a list.


Day 11
Bunny found her elf climbing up our Christmas tree!


Day 12
Looks like Cindy Frost got stuck in the tin can trying to get out some ornaments.


Day 13
Welcome to Fort Christmas Frost


Day 14
I don't think Cindy Frost knows that Bunny's goldfish are pets, not game.


Day 15
Look who we found hanging upside down on the wreath while we were going outside to set up our Christmas lights this morning!

4 comments:

  1. Day 8 is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 4 was my favorite 'cause that's when our baby girl was sick and CF made her laugh. Day 6 was also really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooooo cute, looks like you're having lots of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm having more fun planning than Bunny! LOL

      Delete

Share your bubbly