Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fairies, Rainbows, Unicorns

If you follow me on Pinterest then you know that I have been planning Bunny's 6th birthday party (on a budget) since, uh, January-ish? Bunny decided SHE wanted a fairies, rainbows, and unicorns birthday party. Not ME! contrary to what Mr. Winey has been telling everyone. If I could have it my way, Bunny would've had a Rainbow Brite party complete with my favorite 1980's hits (think New Kids On The Block, Tiffany, Janet Jackson, Debbie Gibson... you get the idea.) *softly hums "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, hangin' tough"*

The party was three weeks ago today and I JUST looked through her birthday photos today. I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed that I wasn't able to capture a lot of things. Especially the craft table which had a MAKE YOUR OWN FAIRY HOUSE station, DIY UNICON MASKS, jewelry, nail polish, fairy coloring pages, crayons, paint, and body glitter. *breathe in, breathe out* We had such a large turnout that I was busy hosting & Mr. Winey kept going to the grocery store to buy more food. I didn't get a lot of family/friends photos either. I'm so bummed. However, I was able to capture a few other photos to share with you.


I sent out a reminder to all of her classmates the day before her party with a baggie filled with Twizzlers that I cut and sorted. I added text to the card with the basic party information because I'm sure not all of the birthday cards made it home two weeks prior. ($.45/treat card)



Here are some favors I didn't get to capture at the party: Unicorn Horns, Party Hats ($.40/ea)  Fairy House ($.25), Terrarium ($1)    Fairy Play-Doh ($.35/ea)



Here are the kid tables covered with unicorn/rainbow table covers. The colorful balloon arc in the background (my mom offered to pay for) was a perfect backdrop for photos. You can find that awesome unicorn mylar balloon on-line (with free shipping.) 



At every party, I always make a sign in book made with a different 8x10 photo of Bunny and numbers/lines on it for guests to write in. I had a flower bouquet on the table and had it nicely set up, but, well, wind. Lots of wind. I found those adorable dancing unicorns with the same seller who offers free S&H.



I purchased the Fairy Whimsy collection of plates, napkins, cups, etc. at a local party supply store at a discounted price. But you can conveniently find the collection here. I think the design is being discontinued so you might not be able to purchase it for much longer. 



I fancied up these bubbles I bought from the Dollar Tree with some hot glue, iridescent star conffetti, ribbon, and a label. I present to you, Fairy Wishes. ($.35/bottle)



We conveniently had a large circular patch in the yard that I had Bunny turn into a Fairy Circle. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a photo of the before. But I did get the after...
I found the Fairy Circle poem online and just printed it on card stock with a free image of a dancing fairy.



I also used the same idea I found on Pinterest to create a fairy party with paper umbrellas and a string of night lights on the ground. Again, I captured this the next day. Looks like the fairies and kids partied hard.




I wish I had a better photo of Bunny's piƱata but I don't. But you can still see how cute it is! ($18)





I found ONE photo with Bunny's friends making Fairy Play-Doh (Play-Doh, glitter, jewels, beads, confetti) at the craft table:


And now to the food. FYI, the kids attacked the trays that carried kid-friendly Jell-O shots and Rainbow Smiles - I wasn't able to get a nice shot of them. *Kanye shrug*






Unicorn Poop. The. Kids. Loved. It! Here is the unicorn poop recipe and some info on fairy bread.


The cake! Everyone wanted to know what the birthday cake looked like and whether or not we made cupcakes which is silly considering my sister and I bake cupcakes for ANY ocassion. We're not going to skimp on Bunny's birthday! (Please keep in mind that we live in S. TX. and the humid weather melted our rainbow cupcake toppers *sad face*)




Other food we served:
Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers
Hot dogs
Nacho cheese and chili (hot dogs and Frito Pies)
Veggies and Fruit served in the fairy glasses (We called them Fairy Berries, Chipmunk Chunks, Gnome Grub, Fairy Flakes...)
A variety of chips
Water
Rainbow Water for the kids (Kool-Aid in mini water bottles; no photo)
Sodas
Sweet-Tart Jelly Beans served in star-shaped dishes for all the tables


And we gave out "Fairy Berries" ($1/ball) for the boys and Fairy Purses ($3/12 organza bags found locally) for the girls filled with juice, chips, candy, crayons, stickers...
We attached a "Thank you fairy much" label to each party favor as well.

The present table was more a present shelf I wrapped with tulle. I thought it'd be enough to hold Bunny's presents, but again, we didn't count on so many people. Many of the gift were on the floor and we took a lot inside.

Activities:
Face painting
Tetherball 
Hula hoops
DIY crafts
Bouncy castle
Find the fairies
Pin the horn on the unicorn



I purchased these prizes here

The party ended four hours later! It was a success and all those months of planning was not enough time to prep. I had A LOT of ideas and other things I still wanted to do. Of course, nobody had a clue, Bunny had no idea and she and her friends had a great time. So if you were able to come out, we thank you :) We hope you and your little Fairies and Sprites left with happy hearts, full bellies, and handfuls of goodies! 



1 comment:

Share your bubbly